A leading CD came off the market today, but you still have three nationwide options to earn more than 6%—and as much as 6.50% APY.
Although CD shoppers lost a 6.00% APY offer on a 13-month term, the nation-leading rate of 6.50% is still available from Financial Partners Credit Union for an 8-month term with a maximum deposit of $5,000. For a bigger deposit, you might like Bayer Heritage Federal Credit Union’s runner-up rate of 6.18% APY on a 1-year duration, or Minnequa Works Credit Union’s 6-month CD paying 6.14% APY.
- Three options in our daily ranking of the best nationwide CDs are paying above 6.00%—with one offer as high as 6.50% APY.
- One of the previous leaders—an offer of 6.00% on a 13-month term—disappeared today.
- A total of 18 nationwide CDs in our ranking offer a rate of at least 5.75% APY.
- You can earn 5.00% even in the longest term of 5 years.
- As expected, the Fed announced a rate hold last week but left the door open to a possible future increase.
Below you’ll find featured rates available from our partners, followed by details from our complete ranking of the best CDs available nationwide.
Looking to lock in a great rate for a longer term? The top 2-year CD is paying 5.60% APY. If that’s still not long enough, you can secure 5.37% APY for 30 months down the road, or 5.25% APY for 36 or 40 months. All three of those can be found in our daily ranking of the best 3-year CDs.
If you have the option to make a jumbo deposit of at least $100,000, you can boost your 2-year rate to 5.68% APY or your 30-month rate to 5.52% APY.
When asked where they would put an unexpected $10,000 windfall, almost 1 in 5 recently surveyed Investopedia readers said they would choose a CD. Selected by 18% of readers, CDs were the most popular response, outpacing stocks, money market funds, and index funds.